Sigma II: Open Terrain Solar PV Panel Ground Mounting System
The Sigma II is a dual post mounting system for building larger solar PV panel tables. Options include multiple rows of panels in portrait or landscape, a good selection of mounting feet options including steel posts, ground screws and base plates.
Sigma II: System Overview
Sigma II solar panel ground mounting systems are supplied to:
- MCS Certified Solar PV Installers: Full mounting systems are ordered on a project basis, selected based on the dimensions, number and orientation of the solar PV panels and the characteristics of the mounting area. As part of the order process static loads are factored into the system design and selection of components. If needed we can also help to prepare documents and technical drawings required for planning permission approval.
- System Owners when installed as part of a full installation service: Open Ground mounting systems are designed and built to order based on the characteristics of the mounting area and to best meet the requirements of clients as well as in most cases local authority planners. A full installation service includes a survey, a complete system design, assistance with planning applications, the supply and installation of all hardware, MCS Certification and an overall system warranty.
The Sigma II is suitable for:
- Residential and Commercial systems: Although specifically designed for solar farms and to cover large areas of open ground with solar panels; the open ground system is equally comfortable being used to support smaller residential and commercial PV arrays. The build to order nature of these systems means that pretty much any number of solar panels and a wide range of panel types and sizes can be succesfully and cost effectively mounted in open areas using this system.
- Solar Farms and large solar PV installations: The Open Ground mounting system is designed for large scale solar PV installations and solar farms. in all areas choosing this system will bring benefits in terms of cost, installation times, environmental impact, dual land use and ongoing maintenance costs. Clever system design means that areas used for solar PV can continue to be used for other things such as grazing. If the installation should need to be decommissioned or moved at a later date the area where the PV once stood could be completely reinstated with very little impact on the area.
Sigma II : System Design
Sigma II : System Installation
Driving the steel posts will require pile driving equipment and groundworks will be required to bury power cables and conduit.
Sigma II : Availability & Delivery
Some components are manufacturered to order based on the size of the solar panels used and the panel layout. Components for each order are designed, tested, manufactured, packaged together into kits and delivered to site anywhere in the UK (including delivered to us for storage and later collection if prefered) within 3-6 weeks.
Sigma II : Guarantee
The OpenGround: solar panel mounting system is provided with a 10 year manufacturers guarantee.
Sigma II : Solar PV Array Design & Component Selection
To generate a components list and quotation please fill in your project details and system preferences in the form below. A copy will then be forwarded to us and allocated to a designer to prepare. We will then come back to you with a list of components with prices.
To fill out this form you will need:
- The project address
- The mounting area details
- The dimensions of the solar panels
©2007-2013 In Balance Energy Ltd